WORLD BOOK DAY NEEDS YOU TO SHARE A MILLION STORIES
Sharing stories any time from breakfast till bedtime, for just 10 minutes a day, will have a lasting impact on every child’s future.
WHAT IS SHARE A MILLION STORIES?
Our biggest ambition to date, Share a Million Stories is our way of encouraging EVERYONE to spread the love of books and reading for pleasure, both at home, to make story-sharing the habit of a lifetime.
Share a Million Stories is:
- What: A fun nationwide mass participation activation driving repeated story-sharing and community engagement in schools
- Who: Target audience of children, young people, schools, bookshops, libraries, authors, illustrators, families, partners and businesses
- Goal: For as many of our target audience and partners to help us to reach a target of sharing over 1 million stories over a 5-week period
PLUS We will be offering a range of prizes every week during World Book Day month:
- Schools – can win the Top 100 Stories to Share worth £1000 - every week for 5 weeks
- Home-educated families can win £100 OF BOOKS
- Bookshops & libraries – can win an exclusive signed Rob Biddulph print
MILLION STORIES: GET INVOLVED IN SIX EASY STEPS
- STEP 1: REGISTER to take part at worldbookday.com/share-a-million-stories
- STEP 2: SET READING TARGETS for your setting – how many stories will you share in World Book Day month (27 February-29 March)
- STEP 3: CREATE A SHARE-O-METER to measure and showcase your progress (author & illustrator Rob Biddulph has created one as inspiration).
- STEP 4: COPY and give a Share A Story Reading Record to every parent/carer to take home
- STEP 5: RECORD the stories children are sharing via your profile at worldbookday.com/registernow and your Share-O-Meter. You can do this as often as you like, but weekly may be easiest – and watch the stories grow!
- STEP 6: ENCOURAGE parents/carers and your community to get involved and keep sharing!