Schools subscribing to the School Library Service are invited to participate in the Hampshire Illustrated Book Award 2018.
The Award, which is now in its fifteenth year, is designed to allow pupils of all abilities to access to a range of inspirational and imaginative illustrated books and to decide the winner.
The Hampshire Illustrated Book Award is judged solely by children and is
aimed at children in Year 5.
It will provide pupils with a unique opportunity to be involved in a major county literary event. It will also give them a real chance to enthuse about reading for pleasure. Those pupils participating will be able to:
- Read, share and evaluate all six books in six working weeks, between Monday 8 October and Friday 23 November 2018
- Be involved in focused class discussions
- Take part in exciting linked art and curriculum projects
- Receive a certificate celebrating their individual contribution to the 2018 Award
- Decide the winner by voting for their favourite book
Further details about the Award are in the two attached documents, one of which is an application form which needs to be returned by Friday 15 June 2018, if you would like to be involved in the Hampshire Illustrated Book Award 2018.
If your school qualifies for the Small School Registration Form (for Schools with fifteen pupils or less in Year 5 ) please email email@example.com and we will send you the form.