This course is taught in workshop style. Delegates will determine their own objectives with guidance from two members of staff from the School Library Service. The course will enable delegates to understand the wide range of uses for this library package and how to effectively implement the functionality in a school setting. The course is suitable for new or existing users of Junior Librarian.net and will include extra modules for those using the Reading Cloud interface.
- Delegates will achieve the objectives they have set in conjunction with the trainer
- Delegates will become more effective users of the system
At the start of the workshop, delegates will determine their own objectives. It is expected that the course will cover some of the following areas:
- Databases: resources, tutor groups, borrowers, current loans, past loans
- Using reviews
- Search function – for librarians, school staff and pupils
- Circulate, including Multi Issue and Return
- Scheduled tasks including Hambase & Discovery online
- Social Media and supplementary settings in Reading Cloud
Venue: Falcon House, Monarch Way, Winchester, SO22 5PL
Date Wednesday 04 July 2018 9.30am – 3.30pm (SLIB0172-17AF)
Cost: £130 (SLS Subscribers) £200 (Non-subscribers)*
Bookings: All bookings for SLS training courses are administered through the Learning Zone.
Log in to book at https://learningzone.hants.gov.uk
If you have any problems with the booking process, please contact SLS HQ on
01962 826660 and we will be happy to help you.
NB Cancellations made less than 14 days before the course will incur full payment charges.