Subscribing Primary Schools are invited to participate in the Hampshire Illustrated Book Award 2016.
The Award, which is now in its thirteenth year, is designed to allow pupils of all abilities access to a range of inspirational and imaginative illustrated books and to decide the winner.
The Hampshire Illustrated Book Award is judged solely by children and is aimed at children in Year 5. It will provide pupils with a unique opportunity to be involved in a major county literary event. It will also give them a real chance to enthuse about reading for pleasure.
Those pupils participating will be able to:
- Read, share and evaluate all six books in six working weeks in the autumn term
- Be involved in focused class discussions
- Take part in exciting linked art and curriculum projects
- Receive a certificate celebrating their individual contribution to the 2016 Award
- Decide the winner by voting for their favourite book
- Have a chance to meet the winning illustrator (subject to their availability)
Please find further information about the Award, including the application form, on our Promoting Reading/Hampshire SLS Book Awards page.
Applications need to be returned by Friday 10 June. If your School qualifies for the Small School Registration Form (for Schools with fifteen pupils or fewer in year 5) please email us and we will send you the form.